Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the initial care assessment?
The initial care assessment is conducted at your home by our Senior Nurse to understand the family’s needs and design a customized care plan. We strongly encourage other family members to be present.
2. Do I need a nurse or a healthcare worker?
During the initial care assessment, our Senior Nurse will suggest the appropriate level of care. For the majority of cases, a healthcare worker can provide you with basic healthcare services. For more complicated cases, we will recommend a nurse or specialty nurse.
3. I already have a live-in domestic helper. Why do I need a care professional?
While a domestic helper can assist with daily household chores, they may have limited training and experience with care for older patients with special needs. Depending on your situation, our care professionals are available to help train your domestic helper or provide on-going support to monitor and track progress.
4. Do I get the same care professional every time?
We strive to maintain consistency so that you can maintain the same care professional for all of your visits.
5. What if I want to change my care professional?
If you would like to change your care professional, simply call our Evercare team at 3905-4000 to request for a change at no additional cost.
6. What if I need to cancel or change a visit?
If you would like to cancel or change a visit, please notify us at least 48 hours before your scheduled home visit. Cancellations or changes made within 48 hours will incur a full charge to your account.
7. Am I locked into a long-term contract with Evercare?
No, you will not be locked into a long-term contract with us. Our aim is to provide you with flexibility in order to cater to your family’s changing needs.
8. How are the care professionals selected to join Evercare?
Every care professional is personally interviewed, background checked and screened by our Evercare Team.
9. Does Evercare offer any insurance?
Yes, we are fully insured by Chubb (S&P rated AA and listed on the New York Stock Exchange).